Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club Forums
This policy has been approved by the Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club Committee.
Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club provides a forum facility on its website primarily for the benefit of members. Users are required to observe an acceptable use policy. Forums are available to anybody once they have registered to ensure that all posts can be attributed to a known individual.
Acceptable Use Policy
1. The posting of messages that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, homophobic or racially offensive is not permitted.
2. Abusive language or posts/links to inappropriate sites are not permitted.
3. Off-topic posting is not permitted – please post in the correct section of the forum.
4. Multi-posting, spamming or flooding is not permitted. This includes making the same post to more than one of the Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club forums or posting the same thing over and over again. Multiple postings regarding club events, or postings by the committee are excluded.
5. Posts which appear to breach any law will be deleted. This includes but is not limited to the posting of emails, letters or other records from other parties without their express permission and, if appropriate, the express permission of the originators of any communication.
6. Repeated asking of the same or a substantially similar question or making a repeat or substantially similar post multiple times is not permitted.
7. The sharing of usernames and passwords is not permitted and may result in the account being deactivated.
8. Keep all contributions civil, tasteful and relevant to the forum.
9. No defamatory comments. A defamatory comment is one that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation.
10. Personal information. You must not publish anyone else's contact details including (but not limited to) address, telephone or mobile number, email address, etc. without their permission.
11. No continuous capital letters. This is internet shorthand for raising your voice. You can make your point perfectly well in lower case so please take the caps lock off.
12. Forums are not the vehicle to ask specific questions of Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club volunteers and committee members. If you have a specific question, you should email the person concerned and not post the question on the forum
Violations & Disciplinary procedure
Failure to follow the Acceptable Use Policy is likely to lead to the immediate suspension or termination of your account and could potentially lead to legal action being taken against you by the authorities or an aggrieved party. Be aware that Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club may be legally obliged to reveal your registration information and/or IP address to the authorities. Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club additionally reserves the right to suspend or terminate any account at any time. Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club reserves the right to delete any posting, at any time, for any reason, without being required to justify the reasons behind such action. Serious breaches of the rules may result in the matter being referred to the committee in the case of Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club members, which could result in your being expelled from the club. Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club also reserves the right to refer any breach of the rules to the relevant authorities if appropriate.
Members who feel a post is inappropriate should advise a member of the committee. Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club may moderate any or all of the forums at any time and without notice where appropriate. Stirling & Falkirk Canoe Club reserves the right to implement moderation of any user or users at any time and without warning should it be deemed appropriate. Moderation may be permanent or for a limited time.
Older posts will be deleted in order to ensure that the forums remain current and topical. The site administrators and have the final decision on housekeeping matters. If you make a post that you feel has long term relevance, please ask a moderator to lock the post to avoid deletion.
Questions, comments and suggestions.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the above policy, the forums, or indeed the website or club as a whole, please contact a member of the committee, who will raise the issue with the relevant person, or at the next committee meeting.
SFCC Forums Administrator
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest